3.14.2005

What Occured to Me At 2:00 A.M.?

Friday Afternoon: I realize that I had assumed that my brother had no class on Friday. I was wrong. He had Calculus at 12:30. I had agreed to meet someone in Oklahoma City at 3:00. Lose an hour for Nicks class. Lose an hour to travel into OKC. Lose 30 minutes to pack and get out of Norman. I was going to be cutting it close. Unfortunately, "Happenchance" needed to be returned to Blockbuster and I was 10 minutes late. I arrived flustered and towing my brother along. Fortunately Chris is a wonderfully patient individual and gave me a new CD with great music and a new book.

Friday Evening: I began reading "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy." The release of the trailer for the film has brought this interesting book back into the memories of all its fans. And all of its fans have been hounding me to read it as of late. I started it tonight and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. I let you know what I think in the end. Also on Friday, I received a call from a friend of mine.

Saturday Afternoon: "Do you want to walk dogs for the Animal Shelter tomorrow afternoon?" Alfredo asked me the night before. He also quipped, "I know Republicans hate puppies." I have been looking for some volunteer work and was enthused when I heard about this. And it's considerably more fun when you go with someone. I met Amelio, Queeny, Angel, and Pepper, all of them absolutely adorable puppies. Then Andrew (a.k.a. Alfredo) and I had Indian food, which I have decided is worth a second chance.

Saturday Evening: I'm staying at my parents house to have easy access to OKC. My parents came home and realized that that was going to be the nicest evening of the week. They love me, but they love their motorcycles more. So, the three of us took a motorcycle ride (My dad and I on his motorcycle and my mom on her scooter) around Lake Overholser. That was a lot of fun. We visited Paul, Almond, Eric, and Ian. The boys were having pipe cleaner art contests. I designed a flower, a hat, and a bowtie. I won first for the flower. The hat was a disappointing 4th. And 2nd for the bowtie.

Sunday Morning: My parents and I decided to take a trip to a winery. It was too cold for a motorcycle, so we drove in my mom's truck. I read "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" for a while on the way down there. As we pull into the vineyard, it strikes us how very strange this place looks. Oklahoma Vineyards are not as snobby as California vineyards. This one in particular greeted its guests with a huge dog who is crippled. You walk into these people's house and they serve you wine from their kitchen counter. The man pulled out three glasses, but his wife interupted, "I think you only need two. By the looks of her daughter, I think she may be fifteen." ::sighs:: I explained I'd be 21 in three months and, being the friendly people they are, they said if my parents didn't mind, they didn't mind letting me taste. They had some very strange wines. But I was amused all the same.

Sunday Afternoon: As we made our way back to Oklahoma City, we took a different route. We pulled over to a small gas station in a nearly non-existant town. After tasting wine, I made my way to the restroom. I was amused to find a sign written in magic marker on a piece of cardboard taped to the mirror. It said, "Please keep it clean." It's amazing the differences between small towns and cities. In small towns, it is the duty of the consumer to keep the bathroom clean. Unfortunately, this bathroom was not clean.

Sunday Evening: I stayed up late reading a story that a friend had sent to me. Around 1:30, I finely shut down. (Yes, I know that's technically Monday, but for the sake of the story let's stretch the bounds a little.) Only a few minutes later, people start coming into my home. Someone came up to the couch I was sleeping on and said, "Guess who?" I thought it was James, but then again I wasn't sure if I was sleeping. Sure enough, Nick had brought over a few of his friends. They all came in and tumbled on the couch on top of me. Nick said he had come back to get the keys to our apartment because he had forgotton a few things for our trip to Lake Eufala (details of this trip will follow on this site... eventually.) But after all this, as I started to fall asleep, it occured to me that I have a very strange life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

42

6:37 AM  
Blogger Jesi E. said...

Yes! But what is the Ultimate question?

6:57 AM  
Blogger Jesi E. said...

I'm such a liar. I would never post comments later about my trip to Eufala. My apologies to all.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home