4.21.2005

Baby Squirrels

Despite the cheer in that title, this post is actually a little dark. This kinda freaked me out.

This morning a woke up very tired. Andrew's show is on Wednesdays, and I usually meet up with him and a few of our freinds afterwards. So, I stayed up late last night, but bravely stumbled to my 8:30 French class this morning. I did, after all, have a vocabulary quiz. I have to walk a small distance from the bus to my class, and on the way I notice three objects moving on the ground. As I get closer, I realize they were baby squirrel who must have fallen out of the above tree and received some kind of head wound. Their lower bodies and legs were squirming, but their upper bodies and legs wouldn't move. I didn't know what to do! It's 8:30 in the morning and I have a quiz. I keep walking, but I've been uniquely disturbed for the rest of the day. My French classmates were concerned about me. I had another class this afternoon, but I decided to go home and sleep. I feel horrible!

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

What can you do? I wouldn't know what to do.

Also, I saw two squirrels fighting outside the library yesterday.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Oh, and your blog description says you're single.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously you are unfamiliar with the Squirrels in Black
http://squirrelsinblack.org/

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It only makes sense that French students would be concerned about half-dead baby squirrels.
::shakes his head::

What about trillions of poor grass-hoppers that get mashed into the front grill or windshield of automobiles in the world every year? Where is the "Save the Grasshopper" campaign or blog entry.

Sometimes I can't sleep at night because I can't help thinking about all those poor creatures.

::rolls his eyes::
::winks at Jesi::

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home