2.09.2006

Too Many Frustrations.

I have been without my computer for essentially one month. I do not think I can communicate how frustrating this is. For French, there are online activities you have to download. For my Religious Studies class, I have to post comments three times a week online. And for my International and Area Studies class, most of the information we need is available online. I can get on a computer on campus, but I either have to already be on campus, or I have to take the bus to campus. In most of the labs they charge me for making prints. I called Comp USA to see if my computer is back in. They said it had just been shipped. I was dumbfounded.
"You mean," I said, "that my computer sat at Comp USA for a week before you shipped it to Apple?"
"Well," replied the manager, "yeah, we had some troubles."
"Well," I began cooly, "did you consider when you had 'troubles' that you should give me a call to let me know?"
"Oh, yeah," he responded quickly, "we should have called you."
"Uh huh," I ask, "so, why didn't you call me?"
"Oh." Long pause. "I don't know. I look into that for you."

Rage.

Some of you know that I have been attempting to study in Turkey over the summer. I received an e-mail from the professor heading the program saying we were short students and if we didn't recruit, the trip might not happen. I e-mailed the professor asking if I should be concerned about this enough to consider another program. He never e-mailed me back. I took that as a "Yes." Fortunatey, I still had time to look at other summer programs. Looks like I'm going to Italy instead. I'll just have to grin and bear it.

Good ending.

My friend has attempted to set me up three times and failed each time. It's really a pity, because I liked all three of the guys he's suggested. However, nothing is more disappointing then hearing, "I met your future husband" and then nothing happens. Remind me to not listen to his suggestions in the future unless the guy is holding an engagement ring.

Too bad, too, because I'm sure that there will be no moderately attractive men in Italy for me to hook up with. ::raises eyebrow::

Hope in future.

My French history class is one night a week. I went the first week and discovered that the bookstore messed up; apparently there were many books I needed to buy for the class. Considering the bookstore error, I assumed he'd push the reading back a week. Then, we had no class the next week, so I assumed we only needed to do the reading for that first week. I get to class, and not only did he expect us to reading from the first two weeks, but the next two weeks as well. When no one in class had done this he said, "Well, you better hurry up because we have our first test next week." So, I dropped the class. However, I may have to pay for it.

Despite this, it means that this will be my first semester only taking 12 hours. I do not think I can express how much better I feel as a result. I'm working again as a waitress on campus corner, I have developed a very large group of friends, and this is my last semester before I'll be abroad. I could use the break.

A little peace.

When I get my computer back, I'll do some more postings.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll see what i can do about getting to italy before you...that should solve your problem...

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

regrettably, my italy comment was a joke. mostly aimed at your comment about there not being any handsome men in italy. interestingly enough, now all the people who read my xanga think im going to italy...good times

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home