5.03.2005

Is this a Mexican restaurant?

So, I just had one of the worst weekends of my life. And the pain is dragging its way into this week, but I am determined to find joy in my hardship.

Sunday night, Cassidy drove me back to my apartment and said that she wanted to go eat Mexican food. We were both having boy issues and so we were going to try to sort out things together. I wanted Queso, and On the Border doesn't serve free Queso, so we want to go elsewhere. So, we hop in the car and head over to a Mexican restaurant I had heard of and it was closed. We then drive to another Mexican restaurant that we had been to before and climb out of car to go in.
"Is that a chain on the gate?" Cassidy asks. I nod my head. It was closed. We drive over to what I thought was a Mexican restaurant, and we run inside to find that they actually serve hamburgers, ribs, and the like. We cannot believe our luck and we just want to eat so we ask the waitress, "Where is the nearest Mexican restaurant." She names off the two we've already been to that were closed. She shrugged her shoulders and suggested we go to El Chico. I'm not a terribly big fan of El Chico, but I agree. As we are driving over there, we see Don Pablos.
"I think they have free queso," I say and so we drive on over. We sit down and I examine the other tables realizing that they do not have queso. I sigh and when the waiter asks us for our drink order I tell him, "Yes, and we also want an order of queso." The best queso I've ever paid for. But, seriously, what is wrong with Norman that it is so hard to find Mexican restaurants?

Ultimately it was just really awesome to hang out with Cassidy that evening and we have absolutely got to do that again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that's rough. I'm usually all about queso at El Chico, but I may have to try this Don Pablos you speak of (unfortunately, it'll be Christmas before I see Oklahoma again). Good luck with the boy issues!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was a most wonderful evening! we should hang out like that more often.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since Hershee's ribs was replaced with a friggin Houka Bar, I have given up on Norman as a place to obtain nourishment.

The chained up mex place (La Luna?) is really very good. get the blue corn enchiladas.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Jesi E. said...

Hey, you might find Hookah insults will get you burned in my group of friends. We are big promoters of that market down here. Unfortunately, it's left holes in my carpet.

La Luna was the chained restaurant. Alas, it was closed.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home