8.22.2005

The Smell of Activity and Cadavra.

I love school. I'll never be able to leave. On Sunday night, I went to my first meeting at the Union. I walked in and the smell hit me immediately. There are two smells to the Union. One if you walk in on the Crossroads side smells like food. You know: the quick smoothie and a bagel before class. That's important, but the smell on the opposite end of the Union smells like organizations and activity. That's where are the rooms are for meetings. It's smells like Oklahoma Intercollegiate Legislature, OU College Republicans, Gamma Beta Phi, Alpha Lambda Delta, College Libertarians, and oh so much more. That's something I did not realize I had missed over the summer. But when I smelled it last night, it made me giddy. Busyness has arrived and I am reveling in it.

Also, as an addition and seemingly random note, if you have not heard of "The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra," please step away from the computer and go rent this fantastic film. The last several days I've heard friends of mine talking about it and I realized that I have not mentioned this movie before on my blog. This is without a doubt one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. It was made in 2001 and it is a black and white parody of 1950s horror/sci fi films. If you get a chance to watch it, watch it with friends who like to laugh and are not afraid of stupid comedies. It has The Princess Bride/Spaceballs quality to it. Let me know what you think, too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

College smells? The only smells I remember from college came out of a bong or a bottle...

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Seriously Paul, I do wish this was a vacation. I really think you could use a break from all this scientist work. It's almost as if you've been doing too much science."
"Too much science? Is that possible? Seriously Betty, you know what this meteor could mean to science? If we find it and it's real, it could mean alot. It could mean actual advances in the field of science."

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home