7.23.2005

A couple of nights...

One night on the rooftops of downtown Norman, camera in hand. Stop in the middle of the street for a long conversation under a Harvest moon.

One night watching fireworks explode in the water, Star Wars on my mind. Convince the park rangers of honest intentions before a bowl of posole.

One night standing outside the door of a party, smile on my face. Choose to linger on the phone instead of going inside to get drunk.

One night at the heights of campus, bracelet clinking on the desk. Drink a glass of Hibiscus tea over a bicycle and scribbles of poetry.

One night lingering in the park, symbols of old affections lost. Swing until the sun comes up and breakfast of fried eggs and apple sauce oatmeal awaits.

One night watching a movie that must be loved, the glory of the 90s. Laying on the grass until my brother arrive, my head on your shoulder.

Tonight Lance Armstrong and 10 miles. What else will it bring?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The things I miss by being in another country...*sigh*

J

2:34 PM  
Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Now I know why you're a "single, radical, objectivist, Christian, Republican, Sooner female."

4:39 PM  
Blogger Jesi E. said...

scribe, I'm not sure what your implication is from your statement. Could you elaborate?

12:31 PM  
Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Why, sure!

I consider a blog a glimpse into a person's personality, whether it's intentional or not. Reading yours has helped me understand why you label yourself that way.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home