6.09.2005

21st Birthday.

So, in less than 12 hours, I will be able to legally consume alcohol. It's a very strange idea to me. My parents would allow me to drink with them when I turned 18 and they would offer me a beer or a glass of wine. I was always very careful never to get drunk. This semester, however, my friends deviously schemed to get me wasted. I threw my very first party at my apartment and I was too distracted by hosting and meeting new people that I didn't notice everyone kept giving me drinks. Since then I have been drunk 2 or 3 more times, and found it to not be fun, really. So here it is, just before my birthday, and all my friends want to through a party for me. Here are my birthday presents:

Cassidy, David, and Caleb: Rum, Whiskey, and Vodka with a collection of mixers for the party.
Sarah: Hookah Tobacco.
Kelly: Flavored Cigarettes.
Andrew: Blush White Zin.
Evan: Champagne.
Josh: Chocolate Cigar.

Seriously, what a collection of adult substances. They want to buy me condoms, to complete the collection, but I informed them that would just be a waste of money. But, I feel horrible, because within the last couple of weeks I've decided to return to my old days of moderation. I'm slowing down the drinking to made one or two drinks a night. I only smoke once every few weeks, and when I do smoke, I try to choose only one smoking option (Hookah or Cigarettes or Cigars or Pipe) and now I have enough tobacco to last me until Christmas at least! So, last night at the 21st birthday party I was neither drunk nor buzzed. I had so much fun and was happy to wake up this morning feeling tired, but not hung over. I was so glad so many people were able to make it (like 20 to 25 people!) and we all just hung out, while I remained quite sober.

What will I do on my actual 21 birthday (the 10th)? I will go out with my parents (they're going to buy me an Italian Margarita), maybe watch a movie, and then I'm going to sleep. And somehow, that sounds like the best way to celebrate my birthday.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sleep through your birthday? You're not 21, you're in your 40's

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jes,
Been there, done the hung over/smelling like a chimney thing and.....gotta say, I much prefer knowing who I am in the morning and what I've done/not done. Have a wonderful birthday that you can remember.

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im pretty sure that edible panties would complete your collection. Try to get some of those.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please dont make me lose u as a drinking buddy forever.... still get drunk with me on occassion? You're all i have left! Seriously, sometimes i get saddened by the different path i am already taking from my friends.... and not so much that i am going a different path, but that they will not join me. Jpin me just a lil, just every so often?

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girl; I've done just about everything there is to do. Honestly I can reassure you, not that you need it, that moderation is the way to go.

I firmly believe now that any activity that is not in moderation is a road-block to one's life goals. Recently I've been thinking about something another friend and I discussed. It has to do with cutting off all the negative or even neutral activities, people, and influences that keep one from success. I'm still considering whether to go all the way with that or not. We'll see. But back on topic...

If I know anything about you, I know that you hate the idea of not being in control of your own body and its actions as much as I do. I would imagine thats why you dont particularly enjoy actually being drunk. Especially afterwards. I also know for the fact, that despite who you surround yourself with, and how good your own intentions are, that eventually, something will happen at a party that you deeply...deeply regret...if you arent always in control of yourself. I found this out the hard way. I don't want you to get hurt..hurt that doesnt ever truly go away; but that is how I learned.

On a lighter note...Camel Creme's in a tin are very good cigs. I imagine the $ cigarettes in Atlas Shrugged were something like those.

I like the edible panties idea...that Kirstie brought up. In fact, I'm pissed she said it before me. Damn Larry the Cable Guy. Damn him.

Btw...is someone taking care of birthday spankings? Someone needs to...your gay friend looks like a strong guy (pictures), I suggest that would work out well all around. (none of that is innuendo)I want pictures.

Next, happy birthday girl. You beat me to 21. We've known each other for what...8 years now?

4:01 PM  
Blogger Jesi E. said...

Dwayne - By "sleep" through my birthday, I mean go to bed at 1:00 a.m. instead of 4:00 a.m. I got to bed at 2:00, so I didn't do too badly.

Barb - I totally agree. I had half an Italian Margarita, and didn't smoke and was quite happy the following morning.

Kirstie - Well, if you get the edible panties, then you'd have to get a whole slew of adult materials. I think I'll avoid that for the time being. BTW, I have absolutely no idea who you are.

Cassidy - I'm sorry, dear, but don't you think the fact that all of your friends have come to the drinking-is-not-so-fun consensus, that that might mean you should consider it yourself?

Josh - Uh, yeah... someone took care of the birthday spankings. ::coughs:: Kelly bought me the Camel cigarettes in the tin can, and they are good.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home