5.10.2005

Do You Realize?

I was reading on of my brother's musical lyric away messages the other day. It was the song "Do You Realize?" by The Flaming Lips, which is without a doubt one of my favorite songs of all time. I came to my favorite part of the song, "You realize the sun doesn't go down/It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round." I like this line so much because I think that it communicates a desperately important part of life: don't be afraid of something simply because you don't understand it. The sun setting should be a terribly tragic part of life. Every night, the sun leaves us and we have no idea where it goes. The thing that gives life to the world, gives light that we can see, food to the plants that feed us, and warmth in the day goes away for hours. There is no guarantee it will return. Our expanding knowledge of the sun realizes that the sun never leaves us. It never goes away. The setting sun is just a part of the natural flow of the universe. It's an illusion caused by the rotation of earth. What a wonderfully hopeful idea! Even in the darkness, we have hope that light is waiting for us on the other side. It's only hidden from us temporarily because that is the movement of life.

Anyhow, I just found that the PEZ my friend left here still has candy in it. I'm going to eat that and go to my Geography final.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jesi E. said...

Imagine my mother enjoying the optimistic blog... It's amazing. ::rolls eyes::

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to check out this song...I honestly hope it's not another odd Oklahoman thing. We'll see if it beats "Its Been Awhile" by Staind, "Californication" by RHC-peppers, and "100 Days" by 3DoorsDown.

(I dont know anything about any Flaming Lips but it sounds kinky)

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home