7.15.2005

I need one additional natural disaster to quell my curiousity.

My dear friend Jordan called me today to say, "Hi" and inform me that he had seen some new interesting pictures of me on Cassidy's Xanga. While we were talking, he mentioned that he was annoyed with rain in Vancouver. Unlike Oklahoma where rain comes in sudden bursts of violence where people die and wind destroys property, in Vancouver it is apparently just gray and water falls from the sky days on end. But, he added that it was interesting to see that most places had an "In the even of an earthquake..." sign and how strange it was, but yet somehow familiar since we have tornadoes in Oklahoma which warrant similiar warnings. It occured to me that I am absolutely fascinated with the concept of earthquakes and I am determined to live through one before I die. I have no similiar interest in any other natural disaster other than tornadoes and earthquakes. As I have already seen a tornado, all I have left it the earthquake. So, if I near my life, and I have not lived through one, I'm planning to move to California for no other reason than to wait for this event. And, in case of my death in the disaster, it will be fine because I will have quelled my curiousity on that subject.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not as exciting as one would think.

There were two tremors during my time in California.

I learned from the locals there are three types of earthquakes. 1) The ground moves vertically. 2) The ground moves laterally. 3) The ground "rolls." Number 3 is the most destructive.

I have my earthquake stories to tell, but I'll save that for a later date.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chekd Cassy's page. DANG GIRL!! Yous do know hows ta partY. didnt know about all stuff you been up to. Rockon

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO HOO...I got mentioned in Jesi's blog....my life is now complete. And a million props to Cassidy for taking awesome pics of a bunch of people I don't know and about three that I do....thanks for keeping us foriegners in the loop.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been through one small earthquake. The sum of that experiene is: It sucked.

It scared the hell out of me; my apartment building swayed. I thought the holy jebus was coming to get me...

No thanks; I'll stick with tornados...

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home