2.22.2006

Now I Lucked Out Hard Core.

I received a letter from the Honor's College yesterday saying, "We want to congratulate you on maintaining a 4.0 last semester." I did not make a 4.0 last semester. It was my first semester not to make a 4.0. I read it out loud to my friends while I laughed. They thought that perhaps it was a jab. "Yeah, Jessica, way to screw up."

One of the reasons I did not make a 4.0 was Honors Micro Economics. That class completely mystified me. I was one of the most vocal persons in class. I knew all the answers to the questions that were asked in class. I explained production and cost theory to my mother at Chili's. I studied a lot. I still made a B.

Grrr...

So, I showed up for my first Macro Economics exam today a little confident. I've made every class and have studied extensively. And this is not Honors. One of my friends who took honors with me last semester was there and we were recapping. Remember there are 500 students in my class. This kid walks right up to me and says, "Hey, do you know what the Parity Price Ratio is?" It sounded familiar, but I had no idea. Then another kid walks up and says, "Yeah, it's the ratio of non-farming products to farming products. They multiple by 100 to get a number. They use it to determine if the government needs to subsidize farmers and by how much."

::smirks::

I get the test. I would have known every question. Except one. Sure enough, there it was, "What is the Parity Price Ratio?"

Hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home