9.10.2005

One Day. - Part I


I was walking down an endless road one day. I carried only my camera. I had no destination. There was no where to go, no means to get there, and no reason to go.

This day, though, was different than the others. A gray Volvo stopped beside me. The young driver rolled down his window.
"Hi," he said. I smiled a returned the greeting. He was not the first to stop on my journey. Everytime they asked if I needed help. Every time I asked them, "How can you help me?" They would offer me rides home, food, money, water, but I always responded, "How does that help me?" Frustrated, they would drive on, and I kept walking. But Andey did not say this. He responded, "I can give you beauty." I was silent, so he continued, "You need to see Mangum, Oklahoma."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home