10.27.2005

Blessings in Disguise.

I have found that the loss of my car has been a pleasant experience. I happily told my manager I would no longer be able to work at El Chico because I have no means of getting there. And without a job, I'm remembering this pleasant concept: A weekend. ::smiles::

Now, this week has been busy because I'm trying to return to my correct position of Hermione in all of my classes. With a job, all my activities, and friends, my school was beginning to hurt. I feel a little on top of things now. What will I do?

Well, I have some business on here to get done...

1) Zach has inquired more about my position on my I believe in a God. My response on atheism is forthcoming.
2) A stranger e-mailed me to ask how a Christian could be an objectivist. He knows someones who uses objectivism to bash Christianity. This might be conveniently wrapped up with the atheism response. I'm not sure yet.
3) Have you ever eaten at Victoria's Pasta Shop in Norman? Oh my God, it is amazing! Wait, this has nothing to do with my list.
4) Are we done with Iraq, my friends? I've been taking a class about it, and I'm curious if you would like to discuss this as well.
5) There is a student in my Economics class that came across my blog. I'm a very polite and discreet person in public, and I was slightly shocked that he suddenly mentioned my views on objectivism in a very public place. But he said that he liked the discussion we had. I do wish he would elaborate what it is about this conversation that was better than others before.
6) I need to finish the "One Day" story.

Maybe I'll start reading those books my mother gave me. Maybe I'll read the Goblet of Fire again before I see the movie. Maybe I'll work on that story that Josh kept begging me to let him read. Maybe I'll buy a bike. Maybe I'll finish that book that Andrew lent me. Maybe I'll take some more pictures. Maybe...

My mind is cleared of men, work, alcohol, and drugs. The world is so bright.

But maybe it's just because it's a nice day outside.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

two things...

1. Harry Potter has careened it's way to number three on my fiction obsession list...I downloaded a complete set ebook and read it in four days...

2. If you're Hermione, then I'm somewhere between Harry and Neville right now...put everything off and almost forget it...

Glad things are going a little better...

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always remember, anything posted on the inernet is fair game for folks to read, lambast ("Leagues..err Lambast!!"), or confront you on publicly. Never be surprised if your written words rise up and bite you on the bottom (or possibly sniff your leg).

Glad to hear things are getting better. I'm just wondering if you cleared your mind of 'those things' in that order or not.

Personally, I would go for the no drugs, no liquor scenario for things looking up.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Jesi E. said...

I have no concern for the written word biting me on the bottom. My history with men, alcohol, and work is public knowledge. My drug free mind has to do with asking my drug using friends to be more considerate of not using them around me. I was growing tired of conversing with stoned amigos while I picked up their munchie trash all around my apartment.

And of all things, I think men are the most detrimental. They're addictive. You get rid of one, and you immediately want another. They're expensive. You go out on dates (which I think is absolutely absurd to expect him to pay for every time), you want to look nice, and everything around you to be perfect. They're time-consuming. You have to call them, talk to them, and spend time with them. Andey and El Chico were by far the two biggest distractions from my school work. And finally, they are mentally consuming. You're always worried if he's happy, or maybe you should think about if you're happy, or maybe we should end it, or maybe we should get more serious, or maybe I should've done something different in that situation. ::opens mouth to mimic a scream:: With alcohol, people will take off their hats to my abstinence. But with men, people expect me to find a guy, get married, and have a successful relationship. It's stressful!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home