10.21.2005

Yeah, so my last 24 hours sucked ass.

It was around this time yesterday that I made my way to work. I have been sick the last few days and called my manager to see if he needed me. He said that he did and so I went into work with Asprin in hand. After an hour, he found a way to send me home. I was planning on going to my parents house to eat dinner with my aunt, uncle, and cousins, so I decided I would skip Friday's only class (French, which I'm getting a Super 'A' in anyway) and go straight to my parents house. This way if I started feeling worse, my mom could take us to my doctor.

Well, my car has been having problems. At the corner outside of the Mustang Wal-Mart, it died on my. The transmission finally gave way. I stood in the cold, still not feel very well, waiting for my parents to come and pick me up. I know how much it costs to fix a transmission. I'm planning on not working next semester and spending it knocking out a few last courses before I leave the country. I'm going to Turkey in July and then I'll be in France until the Summer of '07. To invest in a new car now would be foolishness.

There are really only two things I use my car for. Getting to work and getting to my parents house. I walk or take the bus to school. Without the car, my parents can plan on coming to get us to visit them. But my job? Yeah, I can't get there without a car. Well, I could take a bus there if I leave and hour and a half early. ::laughs:: So, I get to tell my manager tomorrow that he is losing a worker.

Beyond that, my brother just started working there and as we share the same car, he's out of a job as well. Neither of us have to work, but we'd rather have a little income.

Then this morning my cat crawled up on my lap. While I was petting her, I noticed some weird slimy substance on the side of her head. She gets into fights a lot and there was an open wound that had become infected. The wound wasn't there last night when she went out. It was oozing blood and puss. We called my Aunt who works at a Veternarian's office and she told us that I would be at least a couple hundred dollars to treat her and there was no guarantee that she would get better. She's been sick a lot lately, throwing up a lot and defecating on my father's motor cycle. So, after talking with my dad, my mom and I took her to the vet and we had to put her to sleep. I can't express how painful this is. She trusted me so much. I just wrapped her in a towel on the way to the vet. She normal complains in the car and every trip I would always say, "It's okay, it's gunna be fine." But this time I couldn't. I just held her while I cried, listened to her desparate meows, realized this trip we were going to kill her.

My only thought was that if I had not been at home, my mother would have discovered the injury and she would have taken Reta (my cat). And if that had happened, perhaps the distance between me and my cat would have made it easier. But I had to hold her and it was at my command that they took her away. I know it was the right decision, but it doesn't change the fact that I held my cat this morning alive and now she is dead.

I've had better days.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

T3h suck. I also had a bad day, but God was good to me.

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Jes.
I didn't know that you had been through so much over the last day, but in all reality I can say, I understand. I've been through the exact same experiences and I feel sad for you right now. I'm so sorry. I hope you are feeling somewhat better.As far as working around OU, there is almost always a job pretty close to or on campus if you need the income. ;) I'll say a little prayer for you.

love you,
barb

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll miss Reta...she was a good cat...

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home