3.09.2006

Shades of Purple, Blue, and Green.

I went to the doctor today. I hate going to the doctor, but there are a few occassions that I find this task useful. Well, I went hiking in the Wichita Mountains this last Monday. I was over-ambitious with my rock hopping, and I hurt my ankle. My first thought was, "Blast, I'm not going to be able to hike anymore today with a twisted ankle." Well, that didn't happen. I wanted to watch the sunset from Mount Scott from a lovely position, so I hiked down a little ways. It hurt, but it was worth it as you can see.



However, this was Sunday. Today is Thursday. When I examined my ankle this morning, you should have seen it. Yesterday it was so swollen that I couldn't fit into my shoes. (Hence I called a doctor.) This morning, much of the swelling had gone down to be replace by horrible bruising all over my foot. You can see in the picture below the line of bruising where the tear is most apparent. What is difficult to see is that there is bruising up above the ankle, running down my ankle and then on top of my foot. Naturally, of course, it's still swollen to about twice the size of my other ankle. But, nothing is broken! I have yet to have a broken bone, and I do not intend to have one at any point in my life. Just a very serious sprain. The doctor issued me a rather medival looking ankle brace that I must wear for the next two weeks and then I must wear it any time I do any other intense physical activity for the next year!



In the past week, I have been accepted both to the study abroad program in Italy for the summer and then France for the next year. So, there you will see me, trapsing about Italy and France with my ankle wrapped up in some hideous black contraption. I should make up a story about why I have to wear it so I might make something useful out of my misfortune. Perhaps I'll say these ankle things are all the rage in the U.S. ::sighs::

Well, nothing says Spring Break like the lack of rapid mobility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home