4.02.2006

What is the reasonable temperature?

It is 75 outside right now with a slight breeze. My thermostat in my apartment reads 75 degrees.

My roommate got up and turned on the air conditioner.

I'm puzzled.

I turned it off.

Open the windows, turn on the fans, throw off the thick winter blankets, absolutely, but turn on the air conditioner to lower the temperature by 3 degrees?

She turned it on again.

I turned it off again and told her that when she pays for half the electricity, we can negotiate the temperature settings. She pays a fixed rate on the rent, and any cost over that my brother pays part of and I pay part of. We offered her a place to live after she pissed off her last roommate, which allowed my brother to jump out of the lease before May 31st, when our lease is up.

So, until she pays more, I decide the temperature, and unless the thermostat reads 80, take a cool shower, because I'm not turning on the air conditioner.

At what temperature do you turn on the air conditioner?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if it ain't triple digits...turn on a fan...

1:09 AM  
Blogger OurayDreamer said...

If you've opened the windows, turned on your fans, changed into warm weather clothes, and down at least one glass of ice water and it is still too hot in the building, then consider the air. Or, you could have another glass of ice water...

4:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Removing all clothes makes everything cooler by at least 20 degrees. Or you could put your undies in the freezer for 15 minutes.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I'll pretend they are right.

"Sarcasm is like a second language to me. So I am right with you.."


I have a nice SUV. I don't pay insurance. Gas is free. My AC is free. I've never eaten this good on a regular basis. My gym membership is free. I've never had this much spare time. I wear American Eagle jeans and shirts to work every day and carry a "hot" weapon 24/7. You guys back in the states have it so rough.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home